Market Update & New Item!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!
In this update, we’ve addressed some design issues with the Marketplace and added something new! We hope this will help stimulate the horse market and make it easier to both find and sell your desired horses.
😍 New Item!
Will has been hard at work convincing Helix and a few others at the capital to make a new item. Word around town is that people want those beautiful variations to pass at a much higher rate! After some convincing and a few *cough cough* generous donations to Helix’s research fund, the Variation Pass Token has arrived!
This is a valuable token that when equipped to your horse, its variations will pass at a 30% rate. This means it can be used when breeding to outside studs and broods but only will increase the chances of the horse with the item passing the variation. If both horses have a Variation Pass Token equipped, the item equipped to the mare will be used first.
❤️ Breeding Variation Pass
Something must be in the air..or the water…or maybe the hay? Anyway, it seems the chance of variations passing through breeding has increased by what appears to be 300%. Wow!
🏦 Marketplace Changes
As requested, there have been some fairly large changes to the Marketplace to help facilitate sales better. We’ve heard that trades are not the easiest way to find what you need in the market so we’ve brought back some of the older functionality.
The link to the Marketplace is now more of a “hub” page. Here, you can see auctions ending soon, newest trades, and random sales, studs, and broods. You can then navigate to each of those sections to search for what you need.
HoFa’s trading system (what we’ve been labeling as the Marketplace) is still intact. It has been relabeled as Trades.
Some small changes:
- Trades now have an expiration. The default expiration is 7 days.
- You can now select an ISO option for trades. This means that you don’t have to offer anything and the trade will be flagged as ISO instead of a regular trade.
Horse auctions are back! Please note that item auctions haven’t made their way back yet. We’re still working on the best way to integrate this.
For those that weren’t around for the old version of the horse auctions, here’s a summary of how they work:
- You can auction one horse at a time.
- You can see horse images and details on the auction page.
- Auctions are always timed. The minimum time is 1 hour and the max time is 72 hours.
Some small changes:
- Auctions no longer have the types: auction with autobuy, auction without autobuy, and autobuy only.
- You must have a starting bid but reserve and autobuy are optional.
- If you have no reserve and no autobuy, you will be reminded that these aren’t in place. Auctions without a reserve and no autobuy will go to the highest bid for that auction regardless of the amount.
- You can now search auctions by horse breed.
💕 Stud & Brood List
In the old horse market, there was a list of studs and broods. This has made its way back into the Marketplace. Studs and broods will only show if they have been fed and watered and are not currently resting from their last breeding. You can now search this list by breed as well as currency.
💸 Horse Sale List
Although searching for horses for sale is still an option, if you would just like to idly browse in the Marketplace, that’s now also an option. Like the Stud & Brood page, you can search by both breed and currency.
A LARGE change:
- You can now put horses up for sale for ingots.
🦟 Bug Fixes
Buzz buzz! As you can see, we’re slowly shifting away from bug fix-only posts. We’ll still include a few with every update as needed and are still working through the list.
- Foal training should now start at 0% instead of 14.29%.
- Search has been fixed so that if you’re filtering by breed and go past page 1, the breed filter stays in place.
- Shouts on pages have returned. If you have this turned on in your settings, you’ll now be able to see shouts. You can create a shout by going here.
- If you put in commas in bank transactions, money transfers, or ingot transfers, it will still be accepted.
- Breeding items should now work correctly if equipping them to the mare. Before, there was an issue where if stallions were equipped with anything, the mare’s items wouldn’t be taken under consideration.
- Rare breeds should now be able to continue retrievals after the live offspring limit has been met.
- Fees should now show up for club studs and broods.
- You should now be able to save your accounts settings without resetting your avatar if using a game avatar.
- Market trades containing eggs or straws from retired horses should no longer forever load.
- You can no longer accidentally put $0 and 0 ingots for the price of the trade.
- Some icons went missing while we were testing and we believe most of these are returned back where they belong. If a site icon is missing for you please report it to the Bug Box!
🔮 Coming Soon
Around the HoFa studio, we tend to think big and push the boundaries of what we have ever done before. We have something quite exciting in store that we have been hard at work to make a reality for the past few months. Look for a news post dedicated to this in the next few days!
Our next focus will be fixing current quests and starting to look at entering the next batch. This will take us more time than a usual update but we expect to have this done next week.
With the release of today's new item, we can now let everyone know the Eqcetera locals have convinced those at the capital to make quite a few new items. We’ve been cooking up some ideas for items that you’ll find interesting. 👀
Mark your calendars and get ready to “oooh” and “ahhh” at what we have coming on May 28th! Any guesses as to what it is?
Bedouin & Curly
Spring Fling Winners!
🌼 Spring Fling Winners!
After a week of contests and lots of creativity, our first annual spring fling has now ended. Everyone did a wonderful job in all of our contests and we hope you all had fun! We enjoyed reading all of our story entries, seeing such wonderful photos, and looking at everyone's creative drawings.
Our Spring Fling 2022 winners are:
Hide N’ Seek:
- Oaken Fields
- Fluffy Horror
Short Story Contest:
Advanced: Fluffy Horror
Splash of Color:
🥳 Congrats to the winners of our 2022 Spring Fling! 🥳
A message will be sent shortly to those who won.
Tomorrow we will have an exciting update for everyone surrounding the marketplace and something new that is coming...
Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!
Bedouin & Curly
2022 Spring Fling!
Spring is in the air and everything is beginning to bloom. This means it's time to host our first annual, Spring Fling!
No spring fling is complete without a theme! This year we have decided on the theme A World of Color! This year's theme is centered around the colors of spring and those unique colors of horses we all love. Contests will be based on this theme from the coloring contest to the scavenger hunt. This year's prizes will also pay homage to our theme through special colored rare horses and even some magic of gene editing…
Our 2022 Spring Fling has a variety of contests available that cater to an array of talents. Visit each contest page for details.
- Short Story
- Writing a short story based on the writing prompt.
- Coloring Contest
- Color digitally and/or traditionally on the provided coloring page.
- Splash of Color!
- New splash genes will be added soon, create what you think they should look like.
- Take a daily photo based on a specified inspiration.
- Hide And Seek
- Hunt down a horse hiding a specific item to win a daily prize! Shhh… the fewer who find, the bigger your prize. 👀
Each contest will have a specified prize ranging from items to specialty gene changes and even some hidden goodies. Top prizes for contests include a choice of gene change for one horse, a choice of variation change for one horse, and even subscriptions. Specific exclusions apply and can be viewed on each contest page.
💰 Specialty Sales
During the spring fling, specialty sales will be going live in the marketplace. These sales have no specified start or end date and will be posted and accepted on a random basis. Check back often to see what is new and be sure to get in bids!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Bedouin & Curly
Rare Gene Auction & Flash Sale
For 24 hours only ingots are on flash sale for up to 35% off! This sale will last for only 24 hours from now until April 25th at 11:59 PM EST/game time.
Rare Gene Auction
With our most recent update, leopard variations have expanded for breeds that have leopard genes. However, Tennessee Walking Horses and Irish Cobs both have limited leopard genes as their genes are extremely rare. Earlier today Aren spotted two unusual spotty equines out in the wilds and has brought them into town. Turns out one is a Tennessee Walker and one is an Irish Cob!
To raise funds for an upcoming event, Aren is auctioning off leopard variation mares of the Tennessee Walker and Irish Cob breeds. These mares are the only variation #4 of their kind that will ever be released.
The auction begins now until Tuesday, April 26th at 9 PM EST/game time.
Breed Update Poll
As a reminder, we have a poll open to vote for the next breed to update! We have quite a few more breeds to update and our second round of voting is now open. Our next set of breeds up for voting are American Paint Horse, Thoroughbred, Mustang, and Irish Draught.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Bedouin & Curly
Appaloosa Redo & New Leopard Markings!
Well hello there everyone. Today we have a rather unusual mid-week surprise!
Spots! Spots! Spots! Our amazing artist, Solo, has been hard at work helping bring to life our vision of the new Appaloosas. Appaloosas were voted to be our first breed re-do of the year and now have an updated look! All current Appaloosas have been magically updated and will display their new art. We have quite a few more breeds to update and our second round of voting is now open! Our next set of breeds up for voting are American Paint Horse, Thoroughbred, Mustang, and Irish Draught.
We are seeing so many MANY more spots! TWO new variations of all of our leopard markings are now live and occurring in the foundation store. Leopard, snowcap, varnish roan, varnish blanket, fewspot, and blanket all have two new variations for you to discover. Rumor has it that Will may have a few special variation items coming to town…
Today's Scheduled Update
Per the usual with bugs and code, today's marketplace update will be postponed, potentially for a few weeks. With that being said, we are open to ideas or feedback on likes/dislikes of the current, and past, marketplaces. We welcome any feedback below!
We hope you all love the new Appaloosas and leopard markings!
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fix Unable to switch between linked accounts marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix campaign horse not in drop down menu marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Gen 2 campaign horse not in drop down marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix G2 Horse Only Eligible for G1 Crossbreed Campaign marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Frozen horses with energy count for the total and available horse count on the career page. marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Old discipline clubs show under the halter arena drop down marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Light Palomino genes give a regular palomino instead marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Wrong Link to Boarding Center When Boarding Horse marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Tag filter doesn't work in halter show marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Gen one horses not showing in dropdown marked as Fixed.