New Tack: Dyed Saddle Pads
Hello everyone and happy October! Let’s kick it off with something new!
🎨 Dyed Saddle Pads
After receiving feedback on our limited saddle pad colors we decided to take that idea and run with it. Today we are launching both English and Western saddle pads in: white, grey, black, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and pink. These pad colors can be crafted by purchasing the White English Pad or White Western Pad in the General Store and crafting with a dye in the Craft Room. Note: Since black saddle pads must now be dyed, the Black English Pads have been removed from the general store.
In the very near future, you will also dye pads with dyes from the Equinox collection. We expect this to launch in the next few days. As we move forward with seasonal dyes, we will be making all seasonal dye collections available to dye halters, polos, blankets, and both english and western pads. As of now, we plan to launch a sum total of 58 dye colors in the next 2 years.
Long-term planning is no easy feat so I want to give a gigantic thank you to our mods Shokubeni and Roze for their efforts in helping to color and save tack files. In total, we have added over 10,000 new images to our assets in just a few months. Without our wonderful team, we would not have been able to achieve such an accomplishment.
✨ In the Future
Due to health reasons, I am having to take breaks often which slows down progress in tack, item creation, breed releases etc. Thanks to some wonderful treatments, in the coming months I am aiming to catch back up and get our releases back on schedule. This means you may be seeing more frequent art updates. We also plan to get out our heavy-duty bug zapper and whittle down the list of current bugs.
We thank you all for your patience, kindness, and help! We hope you all enjoy the new dyed pads and we look forward to posting another update soon.
Bedouin & Curly
The Equinox Collection
Happy Fall Ya’ll!
🍂 The Equinox Collection
As we welcome Autumn, our days are becoming shorter and colder with the comforts of fall just around the corner. We are beginning to transition into our fall traditions from warm hearty soups to cozy fashion. This fall marks the start of our seasonal dye collections with our first collection, Equinox.
Inspired by deep rich colors and the official start of fall, the Equinox dye collection features six dyes; Wine, Midnight, Deep Blue, Dark Emerald, Mustard, and Burnt Leaf. These six colors are available to dye halters, polos, and blankets.
The equinox collection brings with it our newest seasonal background, Autumn Day. This background features beautiful colored leaves and an old barn nestled among a meadow.
The Equinox dye collection can be found via exploring the site and the Autumn Day background can be found in the General Store from now until November 30th at 11:59 PM. The first 20 players to use code EQUINOX22 at Town Hall will receive 1 of each item from the Equinox collection.
Happy Fall everyone!
Bedouin & Curly
Hello everyone and happy late night update! We have a bug fix update for you.
🦟 Bug Fixes
- Entering horses in halter and discipline shows can now properly be filtered by horse tags.
- Fixed link on horses page to link to boarding center, not player page if boarded in an outside boarding center.
- Fixed A+At + Cr horses not displaying as Light Palomino properly. All those from here on out will properly display.
- Old game owned discipline clubs no longer show in the halter arena drop down.
- Frozen horses no longer show up in the career center total.
- Discipline shows now filter by day they run and in proper order.
- Fixed campaign generation submission. NOTE: Be sure your horse's ancestors are being entered into correct generations before submitting foals.
- Added text to campaign criteria to clarify parents must be in the previous generation for foals to enter the next generation. Also added text that foals must complete foal training before being entered into campaigns.
- Fixed an issue where you could submit 0 campaign coins. Any that were incorrectly submitted now reflect properly.
- Halter shows should now regenerate properly after they’re run.
- Added error message for shouts >255 characters. Ya’ll like to shout for a while huh?
- Added a “Cannot Replicate” option for staff in the bug box for bugs we cannot replicate and for those without enough info to replicate. Remember to provide enough info for staff to look into your bug.
- Fixed rose mane flowers on all purebreds. Crosses, generics, and foals to be done soon.
- Fixed a few assorted horse images that were broken.
- Fixed old stable backgrounds to show new updated stable backgrounds for all in-game.
- Fixed a strange issue with the Grey Wolf companion showing an error that you don’t own the item.
- Fixed Yellow Roses being picked up and transformed into Yellow Blankets.
- Fixed the player birthday list to show birthdays! Go wish someone a happy birthday!
- Added player birthdays to only show those active in the last month.
🏃 Maintenance Results
After our maintenance update, we have been watching the site speed and have noticed some improvement. We are still watching to see which areas tend to lag the most when frequently used.
Bedouin & Curly
Code Update & New Things!
Hello again everyone and welcome to today's update! We spent this weekend doing some routine maintenance and adding in a few new things!
🛠️ Code Updates
Bedouin and I have finally had enough free time to sit down and work on a much larger project this weekend. We are back online with some backend updates complete! The backend work has taken about two days plus the downtime to get finished, ported over, and check to make sure things are running as expected. This took quite a while but is long overdue and helps keep HoFa secure and on the newest technology. It was mentioned a few weeks ago that we installed a new software to monitor lag but it didn’t give us as much insight as we needed. We decided to use a corporate software that many businesses use to monitor website usage. We’re also making some changes to the database in order to better track where the lag is coming from.
We plan to post a bug/changes update this coming weekend. For now, having everyone on and doing the usual day-to-day will help us know if our maintenance was successful so, go wild! Eh well, not too wild, maybe just do your usual. 😛
🔎 Wiki Changes
The past few weeks we have gone through most of the wiki pages and updated/condensed them. The top navigation has been changed with information being in easier to find areas. This will continue to occur for the next few weeks as we try to figure out how best to make pages easily accessible.
🌄Background Update: Stable!
Mason decided everyone's stables needed a facelift and a more modern feel. Something about a suggestion from the capital or one of those fancy woodworking magazines inspired him to make a few changes. He has successfully updated all of the Stable Backgrounds with a fresh clean look. Background can be bought year-round at the General Store for 1,000 bits each.
🌹 New Explore Items
While wandering around the grassy plains, a few of you ran into something new! It seems the rose bushes in the west have bloomed and tossed several colorful roses toward town. These have piqued the locals’ interest and it’s been discovered roses and clover make for a nice touch of mane decor. Flowers can be added to any horse, including foals! These flowers currently don’t offer any benefit but they match quite nicely to dyed blankets, halters, and polos! Say, it’d be nice to match saddle pads to these, wouldn’t it? 😉
NOTE: Flowers have decided to blow around a bit and are floating about your horses. These will be fixed shortly!
🐴 Grade & Crossbreed Images
Another batch of Grade images is complete! Along with these grade images, we have finished adding in skewed roan and skewed dun for crossbreeds that had those layers missing. Grade images are quick to come in which means we often have a backlog of them. As of now, it is taking about 1 month to get bases done and several weeks to get white markings done. We expect to keep roughly around this schedule so grade image updates will typically occur every 2 to 4 weeks.
🦟 Bug Squashes & Changes
- Horses will now stay in club campaigns even after they retire.
- Fixed missing crossbreed layers.
- Fixed old mustang art showing for some markings.
- Fixed a few assorted tack images.
- Fixed a few broken horse images we found around the site.
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fix Storage page won’t load marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Edit Horse Page Forever Loads for Studs/Broods marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Generation 3 campaign horses not meeting criteria marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Tack marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix New Custom Not Showing Dun Markings Or Dilution marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Irish Draught nd1nd1 showing as Grulla not Black Dun in Lab marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Double Roan layer on Morgan marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Dun2 layer shows twice on horse marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Variation pass dissappeared after Un-equip marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Variation Pass and Truffle gets used on failed breeding marked as Fixed.