By joining and participating in Horse Fable you agree that you will follow the terms of service and community rules. Any failure to abide by the community rules will result in appropriate punishment. Depending on the severity of the action, community and/or game bans may be implemented without warning. All staff warnings and decisions are final.
1. Community Conduct
1.1) Everyone is expected to be respectful and have a good attitude toward others. Horse Fable is hatred-free and will not tolerate any hateful act or allusion to hate toward any group of people(s). This includes the use of the term “gypsy” for player/horse names and/or reference to the breed “Gypsy Vanner”.
1.2) Trolling, picking fights, personal attacks, and arguing is not allowed. This includes:
- Posting comments to create shock value
- Derailing topics from their original purpose
- Posting comments with the intention to draw emotional responses or negative reactions
1.3) Horse Fable is to be kept appropriate for teens. Some topics are not allowed such as violence, politics, illegal substances and/or acts, sex, religion, or allusions to any of the previously listed topics. Moderate swearing is allowed but should be kept respectful. Any graphic content that is seen as offensive (gory, detailed sexual acts or abuse) will result in an immediate ban.
1.4) Players are not to post off-site advertisements other than those allowed in the board specific forums such as other sites and art profiles.
1.5) Mini modding is not allowed. This includes:
- Warning others about rules
- Telling or suggesting how something should be moderated.
1.6) Players are not allowed to post on behalf of other players who have been banned or lost chat privileges.
1.7) All demands, petitions, or any attack on the site or staff is not allowed.
1.8) Staff requests must be promptly followed. If a moderator or administrator requests you do something on the site or to drop a subject, you should follow this request immediately.
1.9) Scamming in any capacity is not allowed. If you conduct a sale, contest, or art trade that involves a mutual agreement and you fail to deliver your side of the deal, you may have the transaction reversed forcibly by moderators. Scamming includes:
- Charging fees for any type of luck game such as raffles or guessing contest
- Advertisements intending to elicit an emotional response to encourage purchase. Ex. Buy my horse or I’m going to retire them in 24 hours. Or I'm selling all my horses to save more rescues. Hurry and buy them asap!
2.1) Horse Fable is not responsible for any consequences if you decide to share personal information about yourself, including pictures and videos, personal contact information, and location. Disclosing personal information about other people is not allowed and could result in immediate ban.
2.2) Giving or requesting medical advice whether related to animals or humans is not allowed in any form including but not limited to suggestions and/or treatments.
3. Forums & Profiles
3.1) Spamming any form of communication or advertising such as shouts, forums, or direct messages is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Begging, allusion of begging, or outright asking for items, currency, or horses that are not offered for sale
- Sending unsolicited messages to other users, whether or not for commercial purposes
- Sending random horse transfers to players
- Sending multiple messages to others or staff in an effort to get a response
- Using an excessive amount of uppercase letters
- Sending multiple repetitive posts
- Singles posts such as Heeeeeeeelllllllllllloooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPPAAAM SANDWICCCHHH? or ?09849437fjnvjkbajof094?
- Replying to threads that have been inactive for over a year
3.2) You may have no more than 3 shouts at a time. Shouts must also pertain to the game and abide by all Horse Fable rules.
3.3) Sometimes player replies are slow and/or staff cannot respond to non-emergencies quickly. It is courteous to wait between messages for someone to reply. Not doing so can become frustrating for players and staff and could be considered spam.
3.4) Chat games and topics that require a monetary donation to join are not allowed such as raffles.
3.5) It is highly suggested to not make trades on a promise. Ex. Trading a breeding to a stallion that is available now for a magic token they’ll send tomorrow. Staff will not enforce these trades.
3.6) All profile, forum, and shout content must abide by all Horse Fable rules and terms of service. Using any overly bright or hard-to-read fonts, colors, and backgrounds are not allowed.
3.7) All forum posts must be posted to the correct forum and pertain to the forum they are posted in. Ex. A horse sale ad would be posted to the horse sale forum, not the general store.
3.8) Do not spam the boards by posting the same topic to the same or multiple boards.
3.9) Forum posts that are inactive for 4 months more are in queue for deletion and should not be replied to. Those in the Art Gallery or Art Sales forums are archived should they need to be retrieved.
4. Other Instances
4.1) Instances of players breaking any of the above rules should be directly reported to a moderator in private.
4.2) Some instances can come up that are not in our rules. These instances will be handled by moderators and staff for appropriate action.
4.3) Issues regarding a moderator decision can be directed to Curly via email at [email protected].
Last updated: February 28th, 2024