Weekly Bug Roundup #3
Happy weekend everyone! We have our weekly bug wrap up for you and something new….
This week, we decided to sit down and try to optimize some of the game code. The game lag is annoying to everyone and this is the first step we’re taking to combat that. What does this mean exactly? It means Bed is reviewing areas of the game and rewriting parts to better talk to the database and communicate more effectively. Some of the older code of the game was written in 2020 and therefore is not up to our current standards.
Since this involves some changes to the core code of the game, please be extra vigilant for any bugs or issues. Our staff has tested this as much as we can before pushing it live and believe we have fixed all major issues. However, there’s always something that manages to slip through the cracks and we want to stay on our toes with these issues.
Also, please let us know if you find any areas of the game slower or faster after this update. We’re working on the extreme lag areas first which we believe stem from nightly showing. Hopefully you’ll see an improvement during “panic showing” times.
🏛️ New: Register All in Breed Registries
To help make these boring bug squishing updates a bit more palatable for our long-time players, we’re going to try to add at least one new thing in each update to create some balance. In this update, we’ve added a button to register all eligible horses in Breed Registries. This is only available if you’re a Bronze or higher upgrade tier. Hopefully, this helps with those days when you have 800 horses to register!
Note: This button is coming soon to Clubs.
🐎 Herd Management
Part of the optimizations surrounded herd management. While not as fully optimized as we would like since that will require a rebuild of this page, we did make some improvements to the current code. This means the page should load slightly faster, even if it only shaved off a second or two.
One change we made is that the Care tab no longer shows uncared for horses. It’s really unnecessary to see them in this tab and only makes it very, very long and unwieldy when trying to actually care for horses. We hope this helps that tab performance a bit.
🐞 Bug Squashes
With the time spent optimizing, we had a bit less time for bugs so our list is a bit shorter. Here’s what we managed to accomplish:
- Fixed missing red english pad on Hannoverians
- Fixed missing sapphire on english pad for Irish Draughts
- Tweak: Added a cost to register in Breed Registries. Seems rather important to have, huh?
🧬 New Gene
Akhal Tekes have an unknown gene that causes white on all four legs and their face. This unknown gene has been added to the breed as W20, as all unknown white genes currently in-game are. The W20 gene will be rare to occur in the foundation store but is available for all custom coins.
Please note that Bedouin is on vacation for the next week. That means no development update will happen next week, Friday 1/27/23. Updates will resume on Friday 2/3/23. Thanks for your patience!
We hope you all have a wonderful rest of the weekend!
Bedouin & Curly
Weekly Bug Roundup #2
Howdy, yall! After having to mull over some changes, we now have our weekly bug round-up for you all!
🐞 Bug Squashes
- Fixed Clydesdale foals with W20 gene variation.
- Re-uploaded Akhal Tekes to fix all image issues.
- Fixed the purple english saddle pad not displaying on some breeds.
- Fixed grey polos on light drafts.
- Fixed tovero on light generic crosses displaying 2 different types based on image size.
- Edited lethal FrFr horses to be Frfr.
- Fixed polos missing for the generic stock types.
- Fixed red velvet english bridle on Mustangs.
- Edited image for Spooky Purple Witch Hat with a purple belt.
- Fixed missing tack pieces for Shetlands.
- Fixed Shamrock Green western pad for all breeds.
- **NEW/FIX** If breeding fails and horses have breeding items equipped, the items will NOT be used.
- ** NEW/FIX** If both stallion and mare have the same breeding items, the stallion items will be used first.
- Removing single-use breeding items no longer causes them to disappear.
- Fixed nd1nd1 + Black base horses in lab to show as “Black Dun” correctly.
- Double roan image layers should no longer appear.
- Double dun image layers should no longer appear.
- Fixed dunskin horses not displaying dun markings.
🐴 Live Stream
Join us TODAY, January 16th at 8:00 PM EST/Game time on our Discord for a live stream event! Curly and Bedouin will be answering Q&A while working on the game!
Bedouin & Curly
Q&A and Bugs
Hello everyone! We hope ya'll are having a fantastic weekend.
We have noticed an uptick in new payers and think it would be great to host a live Q&A for everyone to get to know Bedouin and me and bring any questions you may have. So, tomorrow from 8 PM to 9 PM EST/game time Bedouin and I will be hosting a live Q&A while we work on the game! RSVP at: https://discord.gg/z9BQYtew?event=1064309741611921459
Our bug update is currently being worked on since we've run into some bugs that require some decision-making and extra fixing. 🙂
Weekly Bug Round-Up
Hello, everyone! We have our weekly bug round-up for you. A lot of this week was spent organizing our processes and getting back into the groove, but we managed to knock out a few bugs while doing so!
🐞 Bug Squashes
- When deleting a private message, you should no longer get a white screen
- You should now longer be able to send horses to career centers you don’t own
- You can now see your current auctions listed under “My Auctions”
- Stud/brood price now shows as “Money” (Bits) instead of “EQD”
- You can now sort columns in the Halter Arena
- You can now sort by the number of entries in the Shows Arena
🐴 New Grade Requests
A new grade image request forum has been added for the 2023 year. All unfilled requests in the old forum are already in the queue and do not need to be re-requested.
Next Update: Jan 13 (Weekly Bug Round-up)
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fix Storage page won’t load marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Edit Horse Page Forever Loads for Studs/Broods marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Generation 3 campaign horses not meeting criteria marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Tack marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix New Custom Not Showing Dun Markings Or Dilution marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Irish Draught nd1nd1 showing as Grulla not Black Dun in Lab marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Double Roan layer on Morgan marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Dun2 layer shows twice on horse marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Variation pass dissappeared after Un-equip marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Variation Pass and Truffle gets used on failed breeding marked as Fixed.