Appaloosa Redo & New Leopard Markings!
Well hello there everyone. Today we have a rather unusual mid-week surprise!
Spots! Spots! Spots! Our amazing artist, Solo, has been hard at work helping bring to life our vision of the new Appaloosas. Appaloosas were voted to be our first breed re-do of the year and now have an updated look! All current Appaloosas have been magically updated and will display their new art. We have quite a few more breeds to update and our second round of voting is now open! Our next set of breeds up for voting are American Paint Horse, Thoroughbred, Mustang, and Irish Draught.
We are seeing so many MANY more spots! TWO new variations of all of our leopard markings are now live and occurring in the foundation store. Leopard, snowcap, varnish roan, varnish blanket, fewspot, and blanket all have two new variations for you to discover. Rumor has it that Will may have a few special variation items coming to town…
Today's Scheduled Update
Per the usual with bugs and code, today's marketplace update will be postponed, potentially for a few weeks. With that being said, we are open to ideas or feedback on likes/dislikes of the current, and past, marketplaces. We welcome any feedback below!
We hope you all love the new Appaloosas and leopard markings!
Bedouin & Curly
Gene & Player Search, Tweaks, and Upcoming!
Happy almost end of the week! This is the second week we’ve posted on a Thursday. We’re trying out a new schedule of Thursday updates, each with a specific focus. Today’s focus is the search, and we’ve got both some fixes and new things for you. 😁
🧬 Genetics Search
After many hours of trial and error, hair pulling, and a couple of tears we can now release the long-awaited genetics search! In the horse search, you are now able to search horses based on their genetics AND their variations. Genes can be searched based on a specific allele, any allele variant, and/or gene variant. This search feature is available to all players and has no extra cost or subscription requirement. We have done our best to thoroughly test the search but if any bugs are found please report them to the Bug Box.
😁 Player Search
The much requested player search is here. While you can only search by name right now, we hope to add more search parameters as they are requested.
🦟 Bug Fixes
We’ve knocked out quite a few bugs lately! Here is a list of what has been fixed:
- Breadcrumb links in the breeding grounds and sales pen now link appropriately back to the correct stable if it’s not your own.
- Registries should no longer have any crossbreeds or wrong breeds. This was related to an older bug but all horses should be in their correct registry now!
- Items should now show correctly in the Mass Unequip based on what is showing on the horse’s equipped items.
- All heterozygous mushroom horses should now show their correct color and bases.
- Horse backgrounds looking funky on smaller screen sizes should be fixed.
- You should now be able to add freezer items to trades.
- You can now retrieve straws and eggs from rare breeds even if they’ve reached their max offspring. The max 3 retrieval limit still applies.
- All horses in trades should now be prevented from being sold or traded.
- Freezer items are no longer able to be used while they are in a trade. They should also now show which trade they are in.
- Search results for studs should now paginate correctly.
- Search results for sale prices and levels should now work.
- After grooming horses, they now auto-update to look fresh and shiny! No refreshing the page is needed.
- Horse notes have been added and can be accessed on a horses edit page.
- There is now new styling for headings and bullet points in the forums from the text editor.
Our next update will center around the marketplace and include some changes and bug fixes. We expect to push this update next Thursday, April 21st.
Have a fun time with the new search!
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fixes, Changes, & More!
Hello everyone and happy almost end of the week!
🦟 Bug Fixes & Changes
A couple of bugs have been fixed! Not only have bugs been squashed, but a new home page has also been added and will be continually worked on until we think it is perfect. :)
- Adult offspring on offspring lists will now no longer have their BS bar covering their names.
- There is now an error message for entering a brand with >4 characters.
- Tack can no longer be equipped to foals.
- Mass unequip errors have been fixed and now should only display horses with the selected item.
Enter All 1 has some fixes & changes.
- Horses with <100% energy now can use EA1.
- Horses will be entered in all halter shows if they are registered if no discipline is set
- If a horse is not registered and has a discipline set, it will now enter all discipline shows.
- EA1 now enters secondary disciplines and will evenly distribute shows between primary and secondary if set.
- If there is enough energy for another discipline show, horses will automatically enter in the discipline shows to use up all the horse's energy
- Shows list auto-refreshes after using EA1.
🌈 Feature Fixes
Bedouin and I are still working on feature fixes and will be focusing on one feature each week to ensure all associated bugs are worked out. Our next feature to tackle will be searches and filtering such as horse sale search and filtering those results. Expect this update to be posted on April 14. Once we are confident current bugs are officially gone for good, we will continue where we left off on new features!
🐴 Appaloosa Redo
A sneak peek of our upcoming Appaloosa has been spotted on HoFa social media. Be sure to follow HoFa on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for special sneak peeks and more!
✨ Spring Ingot Sale
Spring is in the air which means Amy is having her yearly ingot sale! Ingot bundles are on sale for up to 35% off. During the spring sale, Will has brought back some ingot items in his store to help clear out some items sitting in his storage. Will and Amy will be holding their sales from now until April 11th at 11:59 EST/game time.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Bedouin & Curly
Special Guests & Marking Chat!
Hello all, we hope all is going excellent for you.
✨ New Markings Chat
Special thanks to my tired self late one night, the layer file for the upcoming new leopard markings has been lost. This means the leopard markings, intended to be added from our previous chat, are unable to be replicated and added. So, to create a new set of markings we will be hosting a live chat on our Discord server Monday, April 4th at 7 PM EST/game time.
Join us for an hour of creating new leopard markings and maybe even a few others! At the end of our chat, we will be raffling off one spectral token and one Appaloosa with a new marking to one lucky winner!
👀 Special Guests
Some may have noticed that a few special guests have shown up in the General Store. Will is quite the jokester and loves a good laugh especially when it includes quirky new companions. A wild herd of earthworms have wiggled their way into the lands and are awaiting you in the General Store. These wiggly companions offer a tiny twin and show boost and are excellent at keeping your horse company.
Will also has a new companion offering, the Imaginary Friend! These friends are great for those looking for a companion that suits any companion desire. Imaginary Friends both keep your horse's imagination strong and offer a small twin boost when equipped to your horse.
All our antics have not been revealed… be sure to check in on your equines. 👀
Bedouin & Curly
Festive New Saddle Pads!
Hello everyone and Happy St. Patricks Day!
🍀 New Saddle Pads
To celebrate St. Patrick's day, festive orange and shamrock green saddle pads are now available in the general store! These pads feature colors to celebrate the holiday. Both the Festive Orange and Shamrock Green pads come in western and english pads and offer a show boost. All pads can be bought for bits in the general store until Thursday, March 24th at 11:59 PM. After this date, they will only return in 2023.
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fix Retired Horses Hoarding Tack marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Horse Retired with Tack Equipped marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Ingots Bug marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Club Horse List Doesn't Sort marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Accept Not Working for Clubs marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix My clubs page doesnt show all clubs signed up for. marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Cannot Transfer a Club marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Horse Not Showing in Registry marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Gen 3 Campaign horses saying "not qualified" when they are. marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Bloodline Sheet Broken marked as Fixed.