News

Development Update 1.2

Posted by Bedouin | Monday, November 22, 2021 (5 Comments)

📜 Intro Quests

After a long town meeting, plenty of practice, and even a bit of bribery, all the town locals now should know how to properly greet all newcomers. All introduction quests to HoFa are in and working! It took many, many, days to convince Mason and others to stop talking in circles or even just open their doors! From here on out, everyone should be able to complete 12 different quests with more coming soon. Each quest rewards bits, ingots, items, or quest points.

On the Quest page, Explore>Quests, you can now see descriptions of quests you’ve completed or those available to you. 

Everyone has been restarted in the quests. This is to ensure you get all points from the quests and have all player traits recorded (more on these below). For your trouble, you can keep the extra custom horse. :)

✨ Player Level

The player level bar in the top banner now actually changes! Player level is earned through questing and determined by the number of quest points you have. In the coming months, as we expand our quests and quest point earnings, player levels will be able to increase and will play a role in new gameplay aspects. Keep an eye out for updates on this!!

⭐ Player Traits

On the quests page, you will see something quite new: player traits! These traits currently have no effect on gameplay but will determine many different aspects of exploring and even questing later. What trait will you most excel at?

💸 Starting Cash

To help those new to the economy, starting bits has been increased to 75k.

Everyone has been given $50,000 to compensate for this change.

💼 New Career!

Word got around that many of those new to lands are struggling to make ends meet and are having trouble making bits. To help everyone, a new career center has been added and is free to everyone who has joined or will join in the future. Putting horses into a career is free and guarantees an income, which will be helpful for anyone starting out.

The new career center, Modeling Stage, is perfect for those horses who excel in simply walking in a line down the catwalk. Hey, we wish we could all look that good AND get paid to do it.

❓ Help Site

The help site is still being built as Reed LePage is only one person and can only accomplish so much writing in a single day. Thankfully, the pure and crossbreed pages have been added and gene pages are mostly done. These can be viewed on the help site under “Horses.”

🦃 Holiday Break

The majority of HoFa’s team is US-based and will therefore be celebrating Thanksgiving this upcoming week with friends and family. To give time to fully rest up after launch, the team will be taking this next week off. Some of the staff will still be around to help answer questions and address issues, but we’ll have limited capacity this week to do much beyond that.

🦟 Bug Fixes

Listed are the latest bug fixes:

  • Horses can now be put up for public sale.
  • Gg horses now have grey images.
  • Genes are now appearing correctly. No more flipped genes!
  • You can now select Patn1/Patn2 in the Design Lab.
  • Trades with embryos, straws, and eggs should now work.
  • Some fixes were made to the Breeding Clinic to get it working again.

We will be continuing more bug fixes after the holiday break!

Cheers,

Bedouin and Curly

American Saddlebred Foundation Release #2

Posted by Curly | Saturday, November 20, 2021 (0 Comments)

Happy Saturday!

Today is the day! American Saddlebred is now available to everyone via the foundation store! Be sure to run on over and buy yourself a few (or a lot)!

Cheers,
Curly

American Saddlebred Foundation Release #1

Posted by Curly | Thursday, November 18, 2021 (1 Comments)

Hello everyone! 

Today begins the release of the American Saddlebred into the foundation store! American Saddlebred is now available to players with gold and platinum upgrades. On Saturday at noon, the breed will be fully released for everyone to purchase at the foundation store.

Cheers,
Curly

Art Update & Rare Breed Lp Variations

Posted by Curly | Thursday, November 18, 2021 (6 Comments)

🐶 Art Update: Vega!

Surprise, everyone! Today, we are releasing an art update for our German Shepherd Dog art. The GSD is based on Bedouin's dog, Vega, who is the goodest of girls and enjoys running around the yard and getting belly rubs. Our wonderful artist, V, brought her to life in Horse Fable and will be updating all of our companion art over the next little bit.

 

To celebrate the art update, Vega is available in the General Store for purchase until November 21st at 11:59 PM EST / game time. Usually, Vega is only available for her birthday in July but decided to make an appearance to show off her new looks.



🐆 Leopard Variations: Irish Cobs and Tennessee Walking Horses

Variations for leopard are available in the foundation store for all breeds but the Irish Cob and Tennessee Walking Horse. Both of these breeds have the leopard gene restricted in them to ensure the gene is rare, just as it is in real life. To introduce the variations of leopard for these two breeds, we are auctioning off 1 straw and egg per breed as well as 1 embryo. 

 

As a note, the horses used to make these straws, eggs, and embryos are Lplp which means there is no guarantee of the leopard gene passing. However, the patn genes are all homozygous meaning, they will pass on to offspring.

 

The embryos are both guaranteed to be Patn1patn1 Patn2patn2 with a 50% chance of a single leopard gene (Lplp), 25% chance of two leopard genes (LpLp), and 25% chance of no leopard gene (lplp). 

 

As with all straws, eggs, and embryos, there is the chance that the implant will fail. Since we expect the bidding for the straws, eggs, and embryos to be high, we are offering a live foal guarantee. This means if the implant fails we will send you a replacement.

 

Bidding will be open from now until Sunday, November 21st at 6:00 PM EST/game time. To bid use the links to the forums below.

TWH Straw

TWH Egg

TWH Embryo

Irish Cob Straw

Irish Cob Egg

Irish Cob Embryo



Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!

 

Cheers,

Bedouin and Curly

Art Update 1: New Breed & Light Tan Tack

Posted by Curly | Saturday, November 13, 2021 (9 Comments)

🐴 New Breed

YEEHAW! The whispers in the mountain winds told Aren correctly! A wild herd has joined us today!

The American Saddlebred has cantered into Horse Fable! With luscious hair and that beautiful high step, these horses excel in disciplines using agility, intelligence, or endurance. So far, Aren has found them to range in several colors such as bays and chestnuts but also champagne and creams! 

 

Oh! There are lots of marking variations in these beauties!! All their KIT genes appear to have 6 variations each.

 

To give the herd time to grow and Aren gather her wits, American Saddlebreds are only available via custom coin today. On Thursday, November 18th at 6 PM EST/game time, it’s expected the herds to be large enough to open up sales to gold and platinum players. On Saturday the 20th at 12 PM EST/ game time, they will be available for all! Since these lovelies seem like they will be so in-demand and sought after, Aren decided to keep their price at the usual 2,000 bits per.

 

Helix was excited about a couple of those in the herd and took them to their lab. Something about skewed dun and skewed roan appearing more frequently in old and new breeds? Seems it will take some time to figure out but maybe one day it will show up in the foundation store.




✨ New Tack

In the far distance, you hear a loud train whistle as the train departs back to the capital. Several locals stand around Will’s store arguing about the train's loud noise and the smoke cloud headed our way.

Will Sellum has imported new tack from the capital! Due to a bit of arguing amongst the locals, Will is delayed in stocking the new tack in his store. He expects to be finished bickering in a few hours.

 

Both English and Western sets now have light tan bridles and saddles with silver accents and a nice light blue saddle pad. This tack is easily imported so Will will be selling them year-round for a bit cost.

 

🐎 Foundation Store

Aren didn’t like the bad reputation she was gaining from selling dirty horses. She’s cleaned up her act and now all horses purchased from the Foundation Store are fully cared for.

 

🧬 Genetic Fixes

Word around town is that some horses weren’t displaying their layers correctly. After a bit of investigation, we resolved some issues.

  • There was an issue with the Foundation Store throwing the appropriate amount of variations. This has been fixed and you should see all variations now. 
  • Manchado should now display correctly. All current manchado horses should now display correctly.
  • Mushroom has been fixed. All current mushroom horses should now display correctly.
  • Dun now displays correctly.
    • D = a lightened coat with dun markings. Note, these layers are being updated throughout the day.
    • nd1 = dun markings
  • Whites now have layers specific to the white genes.

 

🦟 Bug Fixes

  • You should now be able to enter shows from your horse’s page.
  • When upgrading training centers, the stars for each discipline certification should now update correctly.
  • When you set your training center to open, it should now save.
  • The estate overview should no longer have extra 0s.
  • When frozen, you should now be able to view both bug reports and the Developer Log.
  • You should now be able to update your estate settings.
  • When your trade is bought out, you should now receive a notification.
  • Foals no longer show up under the breeding tab in Herd Management.

 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

 

Cheers,

Bedouin and Curly