American Saddlebred Foundation Release #2
Posted by Curly | Saturday, November 20, 2021 (0 Comments)
Today is the day! American Saddlebred is now available to everyone via the foundation store! Be sure to run on over and buy yourself a few (or a lot)!
American Saddlebred Foundation Release #1
Posted by Curly | Thursday, November 18, 2021 (1 Comments)
Today begins the release of the American Saddlebred into the foundation store! American Saddlebred is now available to players with gold and platinum upgrades. On Saturday at noon, the breed will be fully released for everyone to purchase at the foundation store.
Art Update & Rare Breed Lp Variations
Posted by Curly | Thursday, November 18, 2021 (6 Comments)
🐶 Art Update: Vega!
Surprise, everyone! Today, we are releasing an art update for our German Shepherd Dog art. The GSD is based on Bedouin's dog, Vega, who is the goodest of girls and enjoys running around the yard and getting belly rubs. Our wonderful artist, V, brought her to life in Horse Fable and will be updating all of our companion art over the next little bit.
To celebrate the art update, Vega is available in the General Store for purchase until November 21st at 11:59 PM EST / game time. Usually, Vega is only available for her birthday in July but decided to make an appearance to show off her new looks.
🐆 Leopard Variations: Irish Cobs and Tennessee Walking Horses
Variations for leopard are available in the foundation store for all breeds but the Irish Cob and Tennessee Walking Horse. Both of these breeds have the leopard gene restricted in them to ensure the gene is rare, just as it is in real life. To introduce the variations of leopard for these two breeds, we are auctioning off 1 straw and egg per breed as well as 1 embryo.
As a note, the horses used to make these straws, eggs, and embryos are Lplp which means there is no guarantee of the leopard gene passing. However, the patn genes are all homozygous meaning, they will pass on to offspring.
The embryos are both guaranteed to be Patn1patn1 Patn2patn2 with a 50% chance of a single leopard gene (Lplp), 25% chance of two leopard genes (LpLp), and 25% chance of no leopard gene (lplp).
As with all straws, eggs, and embryos, there is the chance that the implant will fail. Since we expect the bidding for the straws, eggs, and embryos to be high, we are offering a live foal guarantee. This means if the implant fails we will send you a replacement.
Bidding will be open from now until Sunday, November 21st at 6:00 PM EST/game time. To bid use the links to the forums below.
Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!
Bedouin and Curly
Art Update 1: New Breed & Light Tan Tack
Posted by Curly | Saturday, November 13, 2021 (9 Comments)
🐴 New Breed
YEEHAW! The whispers in the mountain winds told Aren correctly! A wild herd has joined us today!
The American Saddlebred has cantered into Horse Fable! With luscious hair and that beautiful high step, these horses excel in disciplines using agility, intelligence, or endurance. So far, Aren has found them to range in several colors such as bays and chestnuts but also champagne and creams!
Oh! There are lots of marking variations in these beauties!! All their KIT genes appear to have 6 variations each.
To give the herd time to grow and Aren gather her wits, American Saddlebreds are only available via custom coin today. On Thursday, November 18th at 6 PM EST/game time, it’s expected the herds to be large enough to open up sales to gold and platinum players. On Saturday the 20th at 12 PM EST/ game time, they will be available for all! Since these lovelies seem like they will be so in-demand and sought after, Aren decided to keep their price at the usual 2,000 bits per.
Helix was excited about a couple of those in the herd and took them to their lab. Something about skewed dun and skewed roan appearing more frequently in old and new breeds? Seems it will take some time to figure out but maybe one day it will show up in the foundation store.
✨ New Tack
In the far distance, you hear a loud train whistle as the train departs back to the capital. Several locals stand around Will’s store arguing about the train's loud noise and the smoke cloud headed our way.
Will Sellum has imported new tack from the capital! Due to a bit of arguing amongst the locals, Will is delayed in stocking the new tack in his store. He expects to be finished bickering in a few hours.
Both English and Western sets now have light tan bridles and saddles with silver accents and a nice light blue saddle pad. This tack is easily imported so Will will be selling them year-round for a bit cost.
🐎 Foundation Store
Aren didn’t like the bad reputation she was gaining from selling dirty horses. She’s cleaned up her act and now all horses purchased from the Foundation Store are fully cared for.
🧬 Genetic Fixes
Word around town is that some horses weren’t displaying their layers correctly. After a bit of investigation, we resolved some issues.
- There was an issue with the Foundation Store throwing the appropriate amount of variations. This has been fixed and you should see all variations now.
- Manchado should now display correctly. All current manchado horses should now display correctly.
- Mushroom has been fixed. All current mushroom horses should now display correctly.
- Dun now displays correctly.
- D = a lightened coat with dun markings. Note, these layers are being updated throughout the day.
- nd1 = dun markings
- Whites now have layers specific to the white genes.
🦟 Bug Fixes
- You should now be able to enter shows from your horse’s page.
- When upgrading training centers, the stars for each discipline certification should now update correctly.
- When you set your training center to open, it should now save.
- The estate overview should no longer have extra 0s.
- When frozen, you should now be able to view both bug reports and the Developer Log.
- You should now be able to update your estate settings.
- When your trade is bought out, you should now receive a notification.
- Foals no longer show up under the breeding tab in Herd Management.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Bedouin and Curly
Dev Log & Bug Squishes
Posted by Curly | Thursday, November 11, 2021 (2 Comments)
A gust of wind has blown the latest news to you. Nearby a crow stands with a tired expression.
Happy Thursday! We’ve got a few things for you.
📒 Developer Log
A request was sent to the capital by Eqcetera locals that we do better to inform them of all of our antics in “bug squishing” and “changing” the town. Because everything is moving at such a rapid pace right now and changes are being made to the game throughout the day, we’ve added a way for you to know what has changed. There is now a Developer Log which you can find to the right side of the news (for desktop). Here, you’ll find:
- Bug Fixes - Every bug fixed in the Bug Box will be logged here. We could also add something manually fixed if it wasn’t an issue.
- Art Fixes - Sometimes the horse art likes to have a mind of its own and has to be wrangled back into place. If any art fixes happen, they will have this tag in the Developer Log.
- Small Changes - This is too small of a change to be dubbed a new feature but could be something different you notice.
- New Features - This is something completely new to the game. It will most likely have a news post accompanying it but there may be smaller features that appear before they are announced.
- Other types TBD - If there are any other tags that are needed for the Developer Log, we will add them as necessary.
Updates will still be posted to the #dev-log channel in Discord. At this time, no notifications go out when there is a log added into the game so you’ll just have to check back and see if anything new has happened.
🦟 Bug Box Improvement
The bugs continue to descend on us from the wilds but no worries there! While we’ve been battling the bugs, we’ve noticed quite a few duplicates of issues. We are working on streamlining this process to make it both easier for you as the player and us as staff to get everything reported fixed. That said, you will start to see bug box report merging. If a report is merged into another report, a new comment will be made on the report it’s being merged into with all the details. Anyone experiencing the report being merged will receive a notification of the merge and automatically be marked as experiencing the report it’s being merged into.
We’ll be working on merging current bug reports over the next day or so. We’ll also change report titles to be very specific to what is being reported if it isn’t already so. Hopefully this helps the Bug Box be more helpful for everyone involved!
🐛 Bug Fixes
WHAM! BAM! Squish! We’ve managed to knock out a few bugs since our last update. We are proud to say we squished the following bugs:
- Training centers are no longer editable by non-owners.
- Herd Management should now show stars for halter horses.
- You can now use the icon next to your player name to switch accounts. Note that this icon won’t appear until you’ve linked at least one account.
- You should now be able to use a Breed Coin directly from the use item page.
- The intro quest should no longer give multiple breed coins.
- Most players who were stuck in the first quest should now be able to move forward. If you can’t, please create a new bug report so we can investigate.
- Retired horses are no longer dirty. Whew, that took a while to clean all *checks notes* tens of thousands of them. 🤪
💬 Quest Conversations
Curly has been in deep conversation with the locals attempting to get them all to stop talking in circles and recite their lines correctly. As of now, a few edits to their conversations have been made to remove a few typos. However, Mason seems to enjoy talking in circles. We will be investing in some index cards for the poor guy and working this week to make sure he is good to go.
🔮 Coming Soon
This week has been dedicated to prioritizing important bugs over adding new features or working on quests and explore. Thank you all for having the patience to play and report the bugs you find. We’re slowly wrangling them all and hope to bring a better game experience to you with each fix.
We have many quests written for you! The intro quests are a good test to knock out all the bugs and we hope to have the full set of introduction quests in by the end of next week. This will be our focus after the biggest bugs have been squashed.
In our first development update, we had some interesting features listed as coming soon. We will keep you updated as they progress behind the scenes! However, as mentioned above, first bugs then quests then on to some exciting new features. 🤗
As you can see, we’re working as fast as we possibly can. This means that changes to the game are pushed throughout the day and logged in the Development Log. We do not have a set update schedule and do not plan to have one for some time. So enjoy the surprise updates as we get through the very long list of things to do!
Don’t forget Aren has predicted a new breed will be joining us on Saturday! You can read more about the details of new breed releases here.
Bedouin & Curly
Bug Fix Bank infinite load marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix "Could not get image size. Please try another." marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Azteca / Game Crosses not filtering correctly in search marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix DWB Training Boost Error marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Estate Views, some page tabs & reorganizing not working marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Personality Tests Overcharging? marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Horses with W3 and Gg not greying marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Items offered in Trades marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Personality Traits not Inheriting Correctly marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Horses Auctioned for Bits don't show up under My Auctions tab marked as Fixed.