Update 1: Bug Fixes & Coming Soon
Posted by Curly | Monday, November 8, 2021 (5 Comments)
A crow has tossed the latest newsletter at you. It’s staring at us...so menacingly…
Today, we have an update for you! The capital has successfully sent enough bug spray to remove several bugs that crawled out from the wilds.
- Those with accounts pre-November 6th can go to https://horsefable.com/introduction to view the intro quest and claim the free custom horse.
- Reed has adjusted some colors and now the help site has been made to look less like the main site. Much less confusing!
- Account verification should work correctly now. Those who emailed support have been verified. If you need to be verified, please email [email protected]
- Crazy long URLs for player pages should no longer occur. Phew, what a long bug.
- An error has been added for the intro quest when inputting the display name if it has already been used.
- Pagination for forums and players online now no longer has huge arrows.
- Horses now have dirt on them. Groom your horses so they’re less dirty to view those beautiful coats.
- Marking variations for little images are now displayed.
- DNA results and breed standard (BS) bars are now on your horse’s pages above and below the image. WOOO!
- Horse images on mobile are no longer stretched.
- Referral links have been added for everyone. No prizes are in yet but your total referrals will be kept. Account>Referrals
- Registries have been fixed! You can now join, register your horse, and view other horses and members.
🦟 Current Bugs
We are monitoring a current issue with discipline shows that causes no show payout for some. We will be refunding the show fees for those affected by this once we are able to hunt down the bug.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to squash bugs! We are reviewing all bugs in the bug box as we speak and should have another update in the next few days about all the bugs we’ve run off.
🐎 Coming Soon...
A new breed will be joining us shortly! Before then it’s important to remind everyone how breed releases work.
- Aren has almost managed to predict exactly when a new breed will be galloping out of the wilds. The closest she has gotten is to the specific day. This Saturday, November 13th she has predicted a new breed to join us.
- On the day of release, Helix manages to make the new breed available via custom coin. This means you may use a custom coin to purchase the new breed ASAP.
- Aren must ensure enough of the new breed has joined us from the wilds so she holds off selling them in the foundation store to help her herd grow. Foundation horses of any new breed become available the Thursday after release at 6:00 PM EST/ game time for Gold and Platinum players.
- On the following Saturday at 12:00 PM EST/game time, the breed will be available for everyone to purchase at the foundation store.
Day of Release
Available via custom coin to all players.
Thursday After Release
Available via foundation store to gold and platinum players at 6:00 PM EST/ game time.
Saturday After Release
Available via foundation store to all players at 12:00 PM EST/ game time.
A slight glimpse of the new breed has been spotted amongst the mountains by a traveler.
✨ Community Colored Tack Set
Last night, we enjoyed some time with you all while we colored the next tack sets. Coming soon we will be releasing a new leather color and saddle pad color for both English and Western tack sets. Oh, there’s a little peek of something else here too. ;)
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Bedouin & Curly
Welcome to Horse Fable!
Posted by Curly | Saturday, November 6, 2021 (5 Comments)
A crow stands before you with the latest newsletter.
Welcome to the lands of Horse Fable!
As you can see there’s quite a bit to be discovered in the lands and a whole slew of new locals joining us. Today is the official HoFa launch and we are welcoming many new faces!
Before we get too excited and go rushing around town, note, for safety reasons the wilds are currently closed. Word came in last night that some not-so-nice bugs are stomping about causing some nasty problems. Don’t worry, our small army of bug-eating turtles and the dev team are hard at work to get those bugs under control.
Don’t fret! Plenty of other activities in town are up and running for you to experience. Our locals have been warned about such a large influx of newcomers and some are ready to chat for just a bit. Due to the huge influx of newcomers, most of the town locals won’t be able to chat for a bit but they have left away notes to let you know when they’ll be back.
Thankfully Reed LePage has compiled some documentation for us all to help everyone settle in. Check out the Wiki to read all about the current features.
If you have any questions, please post in our Help Forum or join our Discord.
🌈 Getting Started
Since most locals will be busy catering to such huge demand and unable to help everyone get started, Reed has also created a quick start guide for us all. We know it's quite a bit to take in, however, there are plenty of others who are able to help you out in the forums or Discord.
🐴 Coming Soon
The lands of Horse Fable are ever-changing with some features taking a while to prepare for you all. Don’t worry! We have word from the capital the following changes are coming soon:
You’ll notice signs leading out from town that point to the wilds. This will be an explorable map where you can walk around and find items, events, and wild horses. Wild horses, you say?! Yes! They’re galloping right outside of town in the Hoofbeat Plains. More details coming soon!
Want to give something yummy to horses? Or maybe lure in a wild one? Treats can be crafted from items found in The Wilds.
Player vs Player
Feeling extra competitive? Want to see if your neighbors’ horses are as good as yours? You can challenge them to see! This will be a new type of activity for horses where you can earn points just like showing.
So many things to see in town! Why not bring that to your estate and spice things up a bit?
We’re working behind the scenes on the ability for infinite customizations for your horses. How could this happen, you ask? Great question! We want to introduce the ability to drag and drop items onto a horse’s image, making each item unique in placement if you desire.
We are in the process of looking for a dedicated quest writer. This means that quests will be coming regularly with different storylines of our locals. We’re also planning some sort of daily quest to keep gameplay interesting. ^_^
A new breed will soon be gracing us with its presence. What shall it be? Any guesses?
Bedouin and Curly
Bug Fix Blank offer in trade marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Retired horse genes blank marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Wrong NFH image marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix New fog background marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Sapphire strawberries and Cream Western Pad marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Saddle Pads marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Gingerbread Tack no Showing marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix English Rainbow Pad Broken on Light Draft marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Broken enchanted english saddle pad layer on Paso Fino marked as Fixed.
Bug Fix Western saddle pads not showing on Paso Finos marked as Fixed.