An Announcement from Curly

10/05/2026 6:17 pm

Hello everyone, happy Monday. Today's news post is something I have feared as a public facing person and has sadly, recently come true.

 

Over the last few weeks I have been made aware of several folks who have decided to ask around about the sale deal between myself and Bedouin. The deal we made for the purchase is all protected. However, given recent events for, specifically my safety, we have agreed to talk about some of the deal. I have been aware something was occurring in the background that involved conversations about HoFa and staff. Additionally, I have also been made aware that both HoFa work and now my personal life has been caught up in these conversations and resulting fallout. 

 

I have recently had someone attempt to contact me personally outside of HoFa and I do not take this lightly. My personal life, my family, and the safety of both current and former staff take priority. I have made Bedouin aware of what has happened.

 

I honestly do not know how to describe how I am feeling. All I understand based on everything that has happened is someone internally has talked outside HoFa channels, conversation has occurred which somehow led someone to me, and what may have started as “just asking questions” has now crossed my boundaries. This is why as of today, aside from a few moderators, all HoFa staff have been relieved of their positions. I know innocent staff are caught in the crosshairs but at this point I have no way of knowing the full truth and have to do the next best thing I know to do. That being said, I am open to avenues for some staff to return at some point. Additionally, harassment of staff will not be tolerated.

 

Bedouin and I have agreed to share info on the HoFa deal given the circumstances of what's happened. Part of the purchase of HoFa included hours from Bedouin to help in the transfer of the codebase to a new developer, of which some of these hours Bedouin offered for bug fixes. The issue I have run into in getting a new developer has been: cost, consistency, and developers with the skills to translate plans and wireframes to game code. Because of this, the long search, and the need to continue fixing and updating HoFa, Bedouin has been contracted for code work beyond the prior agreed purchase hours. It hadn’t crossed my mind to announce such a thing because the deal terms were secret and I couldn’t but also I had no way to know how long this agreement would need to last. I know some of you are upset, I sincerely apologize. I’ve done everything I can to make sure HoFa has forward momentum while searching and this is how it has shaken out. 

 

Given the success of the last year and inability to find another developer I have decided to end the developer search and continue to contract the code development of HoFa with Bed. I’m doing what I believe is best for HoFa as well as being honest to the playerbase. Bedouin has only worked and will only work in the code capacity and has no say in planning, HoFa direction, or anything outside of code. She has no ownership of anything HoFa. The last year has proven to myself that Bedouin is consistent in the work, does a great job, and has always rooted HoFas success. She and I hold no ill will between each other and have talked through what's occurred both in 2025 and now. I am very thankful to her for being willing to continue to work with me even as I sought other developers. Without her willingness to help HoFa would still be sitting where it was September 10, 2025. I know some of you have mentioned the recurring bugs per the bug fixes, image fixes are my responsibility and the new image system has had quite the learning curve. Additionally, many bug fixes require a live push with much much more data and scenarios than the dev site can muster. If it's then still broken, it has in fact been fixed. As of writing this there are 7 bugs in the bug box, a feat I don’t think anyone truly ever thought possible.

 

I have spent the last year working to organize, plan, and execute everything HoFa has needed and at this point, I am beyond burnt out and I feel very uncomfortable with the boundaries crossed. I don’t get paid for my HoFa work, work a full time job, deal with chronic health issues, and have had a lot in my personal life going on. HoFa has been my priority because I know folks love to play the game and I felt I owed it to you all to fix everything and make the game even better. I will be finishing up any currently paid for plans such as events, breeds, and other goodies which would bring us to the end of November. I will then be taking a break for the holidays.

 

All of this said I know folks have questions, concerns, and thoughts. I ask that folks keep as civil as possible. Lastly, there are some things I cannot answer per privacy and HoFa purchase terms.

 

Cheers,

Curly


Romany Gold

Post Count: 68

10/05/2026 6:29 pm

Wow. I'm so sorry this happened to you.  Boundaries should never be crossed like that without mutual consent. 

 

I've met a couple EQC/HoFa people in real life but it was a very mutually enthusiastic agreement to do so.  

 

Why would anyone feel so strongly about what isn't any of their business in the first place?

 
 
 


Brambles

Post Count: 56

10/05/2026 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear that! Some people have absolutely no respect for personal boundaries or privacy. Very creepy. 

Don’t feel guilty for taking a break! You’ve done such a great job so far. No one can maintain momentum forever. We’re only human ☺️



Hanna Chaos Emberspoon

Post Count: 4

10/05/2026 6:32 pm

Anything I can do to help please let me know, I hope things get better for you Curly. To the HoFa Staff, thank you guys so much y'all are amazing and appreciated. I joined or at least played a bit back when HoFa was still Eqcetera, the community felt really closed off and the gameplay itself was confusing. After coming back recently the transformation of the game not only in terms of being able to be better understood but in Artwork and updates due to the efforts of staff and Curly have been nothing short of breathtakingly beautiful and I hope that you all will find encouragement in my words to continue your amazing progress with this game.

Edited 2 times



Brambles

Post Count: 56

10/05/2026 6:36 pm

Obviously I don’t know details, but if it had made you feel unsafe or potentially stalked, don’t be shy to contact police. Depends on which country you’re in as to whether they take these things seriously, but it’s worth a shot to scare them off. 

Stay safe! 🛡️ 



obsession

Post Count: 10

10/05/2026 6:38 pm

I'm so sorry that this happened! Nobody's privacy should ever be invaded like that. We appreciate everything that you do 🫶 Thank you for working tirelessly to make sure the rest of us have a good experience. Please take as long of a break as you need to recover!! We care about your health and safety 💗

 

 



Ren

Post Count: 66

10/05/2026 6:40 pm

I’m so sorry this has happened to you, Curly! Nobody, and I mean nobody should have to feel like you have with these recent events.


While I know I’m not the only one who is thrilled with all the hard work and updates you and the team have been pushing since you purchased the site, I’m even more happy you are dedicating time off to just relax and be present in your personal life and take care of yourself. I promise all of us will still be be here and patiently waiting for your return after a good rest. 

Thank you for all your hard work and I look forward to the future of this game! 

~Ren



Sassosaurus

Post Count: 40

10/05/2026 6:41 pm

I am so sorry, Curly. That is absolutely awful and heartbreaking. Definitely take FULL advantage of that break. As someone who also works in a super demanding environment, you can’t do your best work if you aren’t mentally present and prepared, and we all need time to be so! ❤️ Thinking of you!

<•—||—•>

| | | |



OutlawAmber

Post Count: 5

10/05/2026 6:45 pm

Appreciate the transparency and enjoy your break. HoFa has come extremely far under your hard work. 



Bedouin Admin

Post Count: 66

10/05/2026 6:50 pm

Thank you, Curly, for all your hard work! I see it behind the scenes and it absolutely shows in the progress HoFa has had in the last year. I'm thankful to you too for allowing me to continue to contribute to the success of the game, and I'm excited for the future!



MatohaRohan

Post Count: 4

10/05/2026 7:05 pm

I hope you have a restful and fulfilling break, and you're given the comfort and safety you deserve upon returning. 


You must login to reply to this topic. Login here. Don't have an account? Join us.