Training question.

Serpent loon [Basic || 7 posts] on 9/28/2026 5:57 pm

Is it better to train in one discipline, or both a discipline and halter?

 

I'm training studs.


ToxicGem

Post Count: 9

9/28/2026 6:01 pm

From what I've seen, it really depends on the horse. I always check to see what they excel in and where they earn the highest points. You can find this information in the history tab on their page. 



Vokion

Post Count: 23

9/28/2026 6:24 pm

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š 

 

I have a few horse I'm training for studs for certain campaigns. I train them mostly in halter and others in discipline. I was mostly wondering if training them in both lower there value:)

 

Danke:)



ToxicGem

Post Count: 9

9/28/2026 7:57 pm

 To add to your question, entering them into both halter and discipline will not lower their earnings/points; only their placement and tier affect that. You're welcome! :)



TheDustyAngel

Post Count: 541

9/28/2026 7:57 pm

I technically have my horses set to train in a Discipline, so they still earn points for that, but are explicitly Halter shows. On occasion? Depending, I DO have to switch them to Halters. For example? I have a few 5* male Lusitanos, unfortunately there is too many and my males, end up out of the money, more than 3 times ((I have my set rules of if they end up in the negative in earning money, 3 times, then I switch to Disciplines. This is vice versa, with Disciplines)). 

 

 

 

So this way, if Halters fail? They can easily switch to Disciplines and later on with the horse either in Regional Tier 2 ((I have seen people say various levels, so you may get differing answers)) and PS is, I think 2k+(?) Where it's more beneficial to switch from Halters to run in Disciplines, as Disciplines will outperform Halter shows.

DUSTYTAG1

maki-dusty-tag

 

 



Vokion

Post Count: 23

9/28/2026 8:56 pm

Thank you both, so much:)

 

This has been most helpful:)


You must login to reply to this topic. Login here. Don't have an account? Join us.