Happy 1 Year Anniversary!

9/10/2026 10:58 am

Hello everyone and happy 1 year of me owning Horse Fable! It’s been a great year taking the reins for HoFa and lots has been accomplished.

 

I am very thankful and proud to have a great community here in HoFa who have supported me and the game since I bought it 1 year ago today. We’ve worked hard to clean up bugs, add QoL improvements, update art, and add in new and exciting requests. I see this accomplishment not only as mine, but yours too! It’s a great privilege to be able to make HoFa a reality through the help of our community and wonderful staff. Thanks for making my time working on HoFa a great one!

 

HoFa has had its ups and down but I see our forward progress as a whole lot of up, up ,up! We have plenty more to go but we are chugging along amazingly. In order to keep momentum going I want to remind everyone we have a feature request page where you can post your ideas. We also have a feedback page where you can send feedback to staff for their great work. Lastly, we have a Discord where you can chat with others but also ask for help, see special interest channels, and more! We get a lot of input from folks which makes for plenty of content and changes to HoFa. As a note, we work hard to collect all the input and make changes as quickly as we can. You can thank our amazing HoFa Helper staff for that!

 

Thank You HoFa Staff

Speaking of staff, I have an amazing team around me! Our moderators and HoFa Helpers have been hard at work helping to organize requests and bugs so I can more quickly get things fixed. A big thanks to ERA, beni, Roze, redd, FaminesRose, forgottenland, destinysWalrus, Dunalino, and Matcha. We also have some amazing artists on the team who do an incredible job bringing our dreams and ideas to life. Thunderbolt is our amazing horse artist, Brumby makes our colorful breeds, Chutkat our explore tiles, Elz our item art, and Cap our tack!

 

Welcome New Joins!

The last several weeks we have seen plenty of new faces here which is very exciting! Welcome to all our new joins! You’ve come at the perfect time to see lots of updates. Remember to ask questions, give feedback, and enjoy being part of the community. We have been searching for new folks to give us specific feedback on the join process. If you want to take that survey please message me!

 

Where We Go From Here

A whole year worth of work adds up. We’ve changed horse art styles, fixed hundreds of bugs, and added in so many QoL changes I gave up counting. Our goal for the next year is to continue our work forward and prioritize QoL changes, the new player experience, and adding in new requests. I also have a personal wish to bring back site-wide events! All this work has to be paid for somehow. 100% of HoFas revenue goes back into the game to pay for code, art, server upkeep, and any other expenses that arise. That said, the best ways to support us is through subscriptions, ingot purchases, or buying merch! Please don’t worry if you can’t help monetarily, we enjoy having you here! Positively contributing to our community and sharing your experience with others is a great way to help us too. If you are looking for a way to earn ingots or ingot items, we also have the referral store. Additionally, we have monthly BOTM and DOTM contests to win bits and ingot items! In the coming year, keep an eye out for more ways to win and earn ingots!

 

Ok, are we celebrating?

Oh, yes we are. Today's celebration includes someone who I’ve loved for a very long time and have dreamed of bringing into the lands of HoFa since October 2017. My cat Leia has been my emotional support animal (ESA) since I got her as therapy support as a sophomore in college. She’s been with me through many hard times from difficult diagnosis, several moves, happy days, and the occasional sad one. Leia was adopted in 2017 when I was in need of help, and help she did. She's always been a talkative cat with a bit (a lot) of sass to boot! Some may know her as a mean little goblin but she truly loves me and I love her. So, to celebrate 1 year of owning HoFa I am excited to share her with you as well. My cat Leia has strutted her stuff and made herself comfortable in everyone's storage room who have been active since 9/10/2025. If you feel so inclined, you can buy more of her in the General Store. Because she's been such a life saver to me, she offers the rare benefit of extending your horses lives. When equipped, she prevents your horse from retiring until after age 23.

 

Lastly, a big thank you to everyone for making HoFa successful and a positive place to be. I am lucky beyond words to be able to make my dream of owning a game a reality and I take my responsibility as seriously as one can. I hope our next year is another incredible one!

 

I’ll see everyone back here soon for the weekly update!

 

Cheers,

Curly


SilveryLining

Post Count: 2

9/10/2026 7:00 pm

I just found this community very recently, but I can see the love you've poured into it! Happy anniversary :)



IndigoFox

Post Count: 86

9/10/2026 9:23 pm

Congratulations on the 1 year anniversary!! Time absolutely flies. Thank you and the team for all of your hard work! 

 

Awww, I love the background about Leia and that is so cool you were able to turn her into a companion like that (with a cool boost!). She is absolutely gorgeous as well! 💜

 

 



Sassosaurus

Post Count: 38

9/10/2026 11:23 pm

Curly, I found this amazing game within the last 6 months, and I can't imagine it any other way! Thank YOU so much for this amazing game, the community, and everything in between! HoFa got me through the toughest months of grad school, and I am so so excited to go through the next chapters of life with HoFa, too! 

 

Much love,

<•—||—•>

| | | |



Christina

Post Count: 50

9/11/2026 4:42 pm

Thank you so much Curly! You and the team have done an incredible job. I can't believe its been a year, it definitely is true that time flies when you are having fun and dang am i having fun with all the new updates and new art!!!!



CrowZ

Post Count: 17

9/12/2026 7:12 pm

this is amazing!!!! Happy anniversary and keep up the good work!



TheDustyAngel

Post Count: 545

9/12/2026 9:57 pm

I'm glad the game got a new owner and is on the mend, with new things being released, artwork etc and I hope it continues to go upwards from here. Thank you Cali, as well, for helping out the BoTM and the few extra goodies, like the Shetland Steeplechase, too. While I didn't join in the others, I did enjoy the one for the Shetties overall and was sad when I saw you had stepped down.

DUSTYTAG1

maki-dusty-tag

 

 


You must login to reply to this topic. Login here. Don't have an account? Join us.